Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

How did this show get cut?

I never saw it when it was on TV - I didn't really have a TV in the UK and I am still to work out TV schedules over here. But I read that it was great on, I think, either the Guardian or the Times website. So I bought the DVD set. It's just awesome. Of course it is - it's written by Aaron Sorkin (of West Wing fame) and has great actors. It's funny, it's an exaggerated version of reality and it's serious. Nothing this good gets made in Europe, ever. But it wasn't watched. Why?

I know I'm on a bit of an LA trip right now but really, buy this series. I can only think that it is a little too close to reality in Hollywood and some overly sensitive TV exec decided to get it off the air. Or it is too Hollywood for the average American. Who knows? But buy this series, you won't be disappointed...

The democrat race is getting ugly and will only get uglier. More of that later but if you want better reporting than I can give you, subscribe to the NY Times and Washington Post mailings. It makes the British electoral 'battle' look a bit sad. 

No comments: